Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Trend: The Sheer Blouse

I've been noticing a lot of sheer blouses for Spring and I'm not talking semi-transparent fabric with the additional insurance of a bra or tank underneath but full-on nipples-as-embellishments sheer. Check out the collections for Spring/Summer 2011:

Jason Wu


Obviously, the runway is prone to provocation and nudity is ok but no normal woman would wear once of these tops without something underneath. I've also been seeing lots of sheer button-downs with semi-sheer pockets over the breast-area. I suppose this is a more subtle way of covering up.

Jason Wu (from Fall 2010)

Rachel Comey


Jenni Kayne


Dries van Noten


Versus


And some more sheer blouses in different styles:

Oscar de la Renta


Narciso Rodriguez


Dries van Noten

Versus


Marc Jacobs



Some options:
American Apparel


Elizabeth and James


Vince


I'm really liking this trend. I think it has something to do with the ambiguity of the transparency. I love the exposure of skin without it being obvious.

All photos courtesy of Style.com, except for American Apparel photos, courtesy of American Apparel and Elizabeth and James and Vince photos, courtesy of Revolve Clothing.

J

No comments:

Post a Comment