Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Leighton Meester for Nylon

(This post is from over a month ago)

Just read part of Leighton Meester's interview for the February 2011 issue of Nylon. I'll post a Girl Crush post on her soon.

I love Leighton Meester. Well, I love her on Gossip Girl at least. I'm not sure if I'm a big fan of her other movies and her musical pursuits but I think she plays a mean queen bee. I just think she's classically gorgeous and that she has the unadulterated beauty of a young Ava Gardner or a Lauren Bacall. They all have stunning faces that emote so much. (Everyone who watches Gossip Girl knows that Blair Waldorf's glassy eyes and lip quivers are the shows principle moments of acting gravitas).




I think I'm someone who should love Nylon: it's cheeky, it's edgy, it doesn't take itself as seriously as other fashion magazines, and it celebrates non-mainstream culture in addition to clothes - so basically, it's hipster-bait - but I never got into it. I think it might've been because I found it too cool for me, like Purple Magazine or something.

J

No comments:

Post a Comment