Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Trend: Water Colours

I love when fashion resembles art: architectural fabrics, gesso-like textures, whirlwind colours and optical illusions. So of course, I'm loving the water colour trend right now. These items look as if they've had the gentle touch of a paint brush glide over them as if the fabric were a canvas.




Silk spandex draped dress w/ woven belt 
(Neiman Marcus describes the dress as silk/spandex and Bloomingdale's describes it as georgette and its content as polyester)

I'm absolutely in love with this Ali Ro dress. I just love colour and draping.






Jersey racerback tank 





Washed silk dress

Washed silk pocket tank




Crepe de chine silk strapless gown




Pre-Fall 2011

Fall 2011
And the trend continues on into Fall! I just love Erdem's prints. Erdem is truly the most artsy-fartsy of all designer brands out there. Some of the prints look like they belong on a canvas at The Met.






The Matthew Williamson number is from awhile back but it just looks so gorgeous on Thandie Newton that I thought I'd include it with this post. Also check out Giles' water colour-inspired looks from Resort 2010. I suppose the lesson is that you just can never go wrong with painterly brights.

J

No comments:

Post a Comment