Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Amber Heard for Details

Interview and photos of Amber Heard from the October 2009 issue of Details Magazine. The writer, Matthew Belloni, or perhaps the editor, attached this heading and byline to the article:

AMBER HEARD WANTS TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY AS AN ACTRESS.
AND THE MUSTANG-DRIVING, PHILOSOPHER-QUOTING STARLET WON'T LET ANYTHING STOP HER.

This chick is just cool. I love that she reads Henry Miller, Ayn Rand, and Baruch Spinoza during her off-time. And that she owns a .357 Magnum. She's like a cleaner and less pretentious version of Sasha Grey. But actually awesome.

Photography by Miko Lim.







I just perused Miko Lim's portfolio and I don't know if I'm that impressed with his work. He seems to mostly do over-sexualized advertorial work (the spread for Details is pretty sexualized but it's an editorial) and sexy magazine covers. His photography features a lot of scantily clad women even though the women are supposed to be selling clothes. There are some editorials in there and some portraits from his personal work but I find the vantage points of his camera a little too commercial and blase for my tastes.

J

No comments:

Post a Comment